100% / Flow Cytometry / Sexing Technologies is the worldwide leader in Sexed Semen and Embryo production. ST is well known around the globe as one of the top sources for assistance in locating and exporting quality semen, embryos, and live cattle from the United States.
Sexing Technologies is the worldwide leader in Sexed Semen and Embryo production. ST is well known around the globe as one of the top sources for assistance in locating and exporting quality semen, embryos, and live cattle from the United States. ST through the experience of its staff specializes in helping find quality cattle, semen, and embryos for placement in foreign countries. Their multilingual abilities and successful shipments port to port, make Sexing Technologies a truly reliable source for marketing to cattlemen worldwide. Satisfaction is paramount for both buyers and sellers and ST is dedicated to providing quality genetic improvement throughout the world.
The laboratory technician is charged with activities in the technical and laboratory field for the enrichment (sexing) and processing of bovine semen.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Processing genetic material into product
- starting and programming the flow cytometer and processing the semen sample
- general activities in the laboratory (Pipetting, Freeze Cells and Cultures media)
- evaluating and processing semen
- Performing activities in accordance with safety, health and quality protocols
- ready to work in shifts (day shifts, night shifts and weekend shifts)
- reports to the Management (head of the business location)
- Communication between Management (accountability), Management and employees (exchanging information), Locations supplying semen (exchanging information), Distribution centre (exchanging information)
Knowledge and skills:
- Education as Laboratory Technician (Biology, Chemistry, Environmental) or Biologisch Technische/r Assistent/in or Medizinisch Technische/r Assistent/in oder Bachelor (B.Sc.) Life Sciences field
- English, both written and verbal (German not necessary)
- Basic computer knowledge; affinity with automation
- Analytical ability
- Laboratory or medical laboratory experience is preferred
- Technical skills are preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with biology, animal and agricultural sciences or flow cytometry is preferred
- Team player
Laboratory Location: Switzerland / Mülligen